Office Procedures in Response to COVID-19
At Northfield Vision Center, the safety and health of our staff and patients is our top priority.
We also recognize the need for eye care and for patients to see their best. Therefore, with guidance from the CDC and AOA, we have developed some procedures we will be instituting at our practice to keep everyone safe.
- All patients coming to our practice must enter wearing a mask or face covering. This procedure follows Gov. Pritzker’s order.
- We have installed a plastic protective barrier at our front desk for your safety.
- We kindly request only scheduled patients enter our office. Any extended family member or spouse that is not being seen as a patient is asked to remain in the car. This does not include the parent or guardian of any minor being seen by the doctor.
- While in our waiting area we request social distancing of 6 feet be maintained. We will schedule patients appropriately spaced out to prevent any issue with maintaining a safe distance.
- If any patient has a temperature of 100 degrees F or higher, we ask you to re-schedule your appointment for when you are symptom-free without a fever.
- If any patient has a cough, shortness of breath, or exhibits flu-like symptoms we ask that you re-schedule your appointment for when you are symptom-free.
- If any patient has traveled out of the country in the last 2-weeks we ask that you schedule your appointment beyond that 2-week window once returning home.
- We encourage all health history forms to be completed online.
- We have temporarily removed all magazines and reading material from the waiting area.